What Is The Course About?
The course serves as an introduction to utilizing Content Management Systems for web development. Using WordPress, students will learn the concepts and structures relevant to building websites and blogs. By the end of the course students will be equipped to set up, manage content, install themes & utilize community-built plugins.
Topics covered will include:
- Practical applications and benefits of a CMS
- WordPress theme architecture
- Choosing a theme
- WordPress plugins installation
- WordPress widgets and Sidebars
- Participating in the WordPress community
- Learn how to develop a variety of types of sites using WordPress as a CMS.
- Develop a complete WordPress-powered site by the end of the course.
Students will be able to design and build their own websites or even start a career using the platform.
Where will the classes take place?
The intake is in progress. The course is taking place at Watu Career Development Institute, Donholm, Nairobi, Kenya.
The training is designed for, newbies just getting into the field, businesses and beginning web designers. It would also be a good course for a designer who is self-taught, and who feels as though there are gaps in their fundamental knowledge.
- Competent in basic computer usage and terminology.
- Free .ke domain name
- Free 1 year web hosting.
- Design your own website.
The course takes 1 month
The fee for the full course is Ksh 10,500 and a compulsory of Ksh.500 for registration. It can be paid through the following ways;
Account Name: Watu Technology Limited
Account Number: 1170843670
MPESA TILL (BUY GOODS)
Till Name: Watu Career Development Institute
Till Number: 648962